Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hello From Monterrey

Hello my family,

Well, this week went by quick! Christmas is the best!!! I love the Christmas season, especially in the mission field. It was a great week! We had two investigators come to church yesterday! Okay, I will tell you about them, since you asked so nicely.

Ruby talked with us on the street. She is looking for peace in her life after having had a long series of sad events. She had a brain hemorrhage, I think. She has had some serious family problems and she is looking for a little peace and tranquility in life. Well the Gospel has that for you!!!! She has come to church twice and will be baptized soon.... when she comes three more times.

Then there is Esteban. He is awesome!! He is 16 and is super prepared. He also has attended church 2 times and he is also coming to play soccer with us today. He is so cool. When we were talking about baptism he was all on board. When we invited him to be baptized he had such a positive outlook on life. He paused and thought about it for a moment and then said "Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it. I want you guys to help me get there. Let's do it." It was pretty awesome to say the least. 

So that is what happened this week. Christmas was awesome! Being able to talk to my family was awesome! I don’t know why, but I just wanted to talk to them and no one else. I think Christmas time is definitely the most difficult time of the year. There were some pretty loud parties around our neighborhood so I thought it was going to be hard to sleep, but with the bike, the stress, and the exhaustion, I slept like a rock. It was pretty great. Washing clothes is tough sometimes when all you want to do is sleep. But we found a laundry place by our house so it is going to be worth the extra little bit of money to have some more free time in the week. I love being so busy that you don't know what to do. It is awesome. We have some really great people that we are teaching and there are some great things happening here in the little city of caderanch, I mean Cadereyta. Ha-ha I hope everyone had a safe Christmas and that you all enjoy the snow!!!! 


Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment