Sunday, June 29, 2014

Faith Precedes Miracles Mitch's letter 6/26/14

Yes I’m still alive! Yeah we went to the temple. The ZL's didn't tell me anything until Sunday night. So not my fault!!! I hope you guys are having fun on trek! If I don't hear from you, well I guess I understand. Ha-ha

This week was good. We are getting the members into the work more, so that is good! I love having lessons with the members. It is so much better, the spirit is a ton better, and the people are so much more responsive to someone they can relate to. I don't have much time, but I just want to relate a story from this week.
People often think that their church is true because they have had some spiritual experience, or their faith was tried and confirmed. So that leads us to the question, does God answer prayers of other faiths. Do miracles only happen in the LDS church? Let me share an experience. We had had an investigator who had told us to stop coming by. Well he was drunk at the time so I didn't give his denial any relevance. We passed by and got him set on the right path and renewed his determination to quit drinking. When we taught him again, something miraculous had happened. He had gone in to update something with his records and they told him that he had had the wrong birthdate his whole life. So they changed everything on his record. All of the debts, all of the penalties, all of the unsavory parts of his record were erased. He literally has a clean slate, in every sense of the term. So, again, do miracles only happen in the LDS church? Of course not!!  People of the LDS church aren't the only ones that see miracles, receive personal revelation, or have their faith confirmed with things from heaven. God loves us and his works are brought to pass by faith, not by religion. I mean, our church is the only true church on the face of the planet, but that doesn't mean that only we receive blessings. So no, blessings don't just come to members of the church, but to ALL of his faithful children.
Well, that’s about all I have this week. I hope you all have a great week. Keep the faith and work hard to see the hand of the Lord working in your lives!!

-Élder Morris

Our trip to the Temple, always a great experience!


I think I'm cooking from the inside.

Elder Garcia and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment