Tuesday, June 17, 2014

10 months down-Happy Fathers Day!!!

June 16, 2014

So, one week more until it is officially 10 months. That is a little nuts... but there is no use in wishing for time to slow down so I'll just have to go with the flow!
This week was really good! We had Elias come to church again. He is really making progressing! His outside porch is a hang out spot for all of his buddies. One time we had a lesson with Elias and two or three times during the lesson some drunk friends passed by to use the bathroom. They stopped and listen for a couple of minutes but then the need to use the bathroom would overcome their interest and they would leave. Before leaving, every one of them would "exhort" Elias to listen to us because we really were messengers of God. It was pretty awesome. Elias tells us that every time we are in his house that he feels so good with us. He feels "liberated and energized" (his words, but obviously in Spanish). He is changing his life, and not only his but others too. He has already shared most  of the Restoration story with his friends. He has told us about a neighbor who needs help. This is a man who not only listens to the gospel, but lives it. With him, it isn't a matter of if he will be baptized, but when.

Things have also changed a little with this transfer. My new companion is from Utah, but he has darker skin than most of the Mexicans here. It is pretty funny cause all the people talk to him as if he were from Mexico, but he still has a hard time understanding. Then when he talks they all just look at him and are like, "Where are you from again?" It is super funny. He has 6 months in the mission field; he is a convert of a little over a year and a half. We are going to start killing it in the little area of Infonavit! We have on baptism soon and hopefully more on the way!

Well, Father´s Day was yesterday so I am just going to give a shout out to the best father known to the human existence. Anyone who knows him is well aware of the kind of work that my dad does. He gets up hours before the crack of dawn, day after day, and spends long hours on his feet.  Have I ever heard him complain in my 19 years of life on this earth? No.  Even when we did the addition onto our house, he would get home at 3 or 4 and go straight to work finishing the downstairs part of the addition. I don't know how many hours we spent working on that area, but never did I hear him complain about how he had just spent almost 12 hours at work and now he had 3 more to do at home. Not even once. And his work is not only in his job. I don't know how many small projects he has volunteered to do for the people that have asked (or that my mom has volunteered him for). He has been the perfect example of a hard worker. He has always gone about the work he does with efficiency and quality. There were countless times when I did something half- heartedly and he would not accept anything less than the quality that the job deserved. He would always tell me to "Work smarter, not harder." So all in all, I am sorry if you never had Chris Morris as a father because you will never fully be able to comprehend all of the love, sometimes tough love, all of the skill, all of the guidance, spoken and unspoken, that he has showed to our family. In short, I have the world's #1 Dad. Dad, I don't know how to say everything that I feel in my heart, but just know that without you in my life I would have been lost from the start. Thank you so much. I love you.

-Élder Morris



Lunch at my apartment, we have air conditioning!!

I made Spaghetti, not as good a Dad's but mighty tasty after not having pasta for 9 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment