Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Knock Knock, who's there? NO ONE!

Well, another week down. Where do they all go? It seems like I haven´t been here for long and I am running up on 4 months! It is insane. And why the crap did the Utah climate follow me down here!? I know you guys have it worse but it almost got down to 0 this week!!!(that's Celsius) and I have no stinking heat in a cinder block building. Oh by the way I’m not complaining.

Well, not much happened this week. It was actually really tough. Almost all of our investigators didn't answer the door or had other "obligations". Story of my life. That is the hardest part, accepting that others have their agency and can choose to not accept or want this message. So not much happened on the teaching side of things.

But, we did have a Zone Conference this week. That was pretty dang awesome! It went from 9:30am to 6:00pm, All filled with awesome trainings and lessons and talks! I but I don't think I can tell you all about it, that would take forever and my mom already gets mad at me for not talking to her enough. So, the part that I chose to share was how we can have the spirit with us always. There are 7 steps: Pray, using the scriptures, testifying, service, sharing spiritual experiences, and giving blessings. Yeah, yeah, I know you are all thinking "But Elder Morris, those are for missionaries!" But I am here to tell you that you can do all of these things too! For just 3 small payments of $19.95 directly to my parents! No, but really, it is not too hard to adjust these for daily life. Prayer, well that one is pretty self explanatory. Pray every morning and night, and always have a prayer in your heart. And not the rehearsed, memorized prayer. Preach My Gospel says that a prayer should be guided by the Spirit. Read the scriptures. Look for answers and help in the scriptures. Let the Holy Ghost teach you through the words of prophets. And that includes the Living prophets too. Testifying: You don't need to formally bear your testimony to have the spirit with you. Share your testimony by living righteously. Let your example be your testimony to others. Service: Just look for small acts of service that may only take 5-10 minutes. "By small and simple means are great things brought to pass". Sharing spiritual experiences. FHE Is a great place to share spiritual experiences because this edifies you and your family. So maybe take some time out of the lesson portion and open the floor for members of your family to share experiences they have had that week. Give blessings. Like your testimony, you don't need to formally give a priesthood blessing or even have the priesthood to be a blessing in the lives of others. Live in a way that you are ready and receptive to the promptings of the spirit so that when our Father in Heaven needs to use you as one of His ministering angels, you are ready to bless the life of someone around you.

Well folks, it is that time of season again. A time of family, friends, gifts, and the focus of our Lord and Savior. We got to watch the Christmas Devotional last night and that was fantastic! Definitely a great way to kick off the Christmas season. I didn't understand much, also the story of my life, but I did understand a little, and that little was phenomenal! Elder Nelson's talk was great. From what I gathered, we need to take the true spirit of Christmas from the example of children. Their spirits are great and are what this time of year should be like. And that we need to serve others, just like the Savior in His earthly ministry. A missionary is a representative of Jesus Christ. And as such, we need to have His characteristics, or attributes. This week I have been studding a little about the attributes of Christ and how I can develop them more fully in my life. Everyone has different needs and attributes. What I learned won't be the same or even beneficial for you. But I can promise you that if you study the attributes of Christ in Preach My Gospel (Chapter 8 I believe) with real intent on working on changing, humility in your heart to realize the need to change, and faith that our Heavenly Father will help you change, you will receive inspiration on how you can better follow in our Saviors footsteps. 

¡Feliz Navidad a cada uno de ustedes! !Tengan mucho feliz y agradecidos este tiempo de Navidad! Thanks for reading my rambling! ¡Guarde la fe! 

-Élder Morris

Elder Hernandez and me


Thanks to all the Christmas wishes from the members of my Ward back home. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment