Monday, November 4, 2013

Coincidence? I think not! Look who I found in the Liahona/Ensign.

So I don´t have much this week since I wrote last Thursday, but there is just one story that I would like to share with you all. 

One of my P-days, while I was writing, a thought came to me that I should email one of my friends, Elder Isaac Ford, who is in Pachuca Mexico. Pachuca Mexico is the home of my companion and I had remembered him telling me that his family is inactive. So I emailed Elder Ford my companions address hoping that he could refer it to some Elders who were in that area. Right before I got off the computer, I got an email back from him. This is what it said. ´´MIRACLE!!! That reference IS IN MY AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And even crazier, it was pouring rain yesterday on our way home, and some nonmembers gave us a ride! They said that they were the aunt and uncle of your companion!! SMALL WORLD!!´´ This is the point when I pull out my bubble pipe and say in my best Sherlock Holmes imitation ´´Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!´´ 

I know that everything the Lord does is for a reason, whether we know it or not. I am glad that I listened to the prompting to write Elder Ford. Did I know it was a prompting then, nope? Do I know, oh yeah? There are no coincidences. I was meant to be the companion of an Elder whose family is inactive and lives in the area of an awesome Elder that I know. No way the circumstances of them just happening to live in his area was by chance, and his Uncle giving them a ride home.The Lord´s hand is in everything. That is what I have really come to love about my short time in the field. When you start looking, you see evidences of the Lord´s love and of his influence in our lives. So my hope for all of you is to try and see how the Lord is in your life and start searching for the small things. Also, never pass on just a small thought. A quote from Pres. Hinckley that is in the recognizing the spirit section of PMG goes something like ´´if it invites to do good, it is of the spirit´´ Pay attention to the small thoughts and the small promptings, because that is what the spirit is, a ´´still, small voice.´´

Love you all, Thanks for your support. Tenga un fenomenal semana!!
-Élder Morris 



Look who I found in the Liahona in Mexico!


This is a friend who lives nearby. We need to give him a name.
See poll above top right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment