Sunday, September 15, 2013

Time Warp......

Sept 11, 2013

Wow, 3 weeks? What the crap? I swear I just got here the other day but some days it feels like an eternity! Time is crazy here. I don't feel like I am already half way done with the MTC. There is SO much I still need to learn! I do not know if most of you know that in the MTC there is a TIME WARP! Days are like weeks and weeks are like days....
 
Spanish is still coming slowly, but that is to be expected. It is just super tough to be patient!! I wish there was a way I could just plug my brain into some computer and download all of the information and be fluent!! 
 
Every day we teach a mock investigator(our teacher) in full Spanish. On Monday we were teaching our investigator about the Plan of Salvation. I was explaining how God had sent his Son down to Earth to atone for our sins. The Spanish word for the verb "to send" is enviar. Well I said "Dios envita su Hijo, Jesucristo, expiar para nuestro pecados." I used envitar instead of enviar. The verb envitar means to avoid. So I told the investigator that God avoids his Son, Jesus Christ, to atone for our sins. Afterword our teacher came in laughing and told us what I said. I laughed pretty hard! He said that he almost broke character because it was so funny. Good stuff!
 
One of the miracles of the CCM (MTC in Spanish) is that there are never any coincidences. I have learned that everything happens for a reason. God has planned everything down to the most minuet  detail. What is great about being a missionary  is that your life is dedicated to finding, using and experiencing those details big or small. A letter from home can change me whole day!

Know that I am doing great! It is hard but I am living on faith. In one of my few lessons that we have in English, one of my teachers asked us to think about an experience when you knew the Book of Mormon was true. I tried but could not think of a time when I didn't know that the Book of Mormon was true. I did not have some huge spiritual experience. What I did find was a section in the D&C where Oliver Cowdery was asking God if the Book of Mormon was true, he asked for a big spiritual confirmation. The answer from God was that He had spoke peace unto his heart and what more could Oliver want. I felt that was my answers also, not that I asked for a huge spiritual confirmation. I have always known, since I was a child, when God spoke peace unto my heart and I continue to have that peace.
 
Thanks for all the letters and prayers being sent my way! I love hearing from everyone, it makes my day when I get a letter. I consider it a huge blessing. Keep them coming.....
 
Muchisimo Amor, Love you all!
 
Elder Morris
 

Brock Jones and me         

 My Stripling Warriors, Mommas Boys Shirt
             This one is for you Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment