Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Almost the last. The beginning of the end.

Wow. I can't put my feelings into words. There is just a storm of thoughts raging in my head. I am completely excited, anxious, and a little freaked out. But there is no room for doubt and faith in the same place. I am completely confident that this next step into the unknown will be an adventure! You know what they say, a "Leap of Faith".

This week was great. Our investigator, AndreĆ© is doing really well. She won't be able to get baptized for another month because of her schooling on Sundays, but she is seeing a lot of blessings in her life. She asked for permission to miss a Sunday to come to church and her teacher gave her a ton of projects and a test on stuff that she hadn't even heard of. So she did all the projects. She did the best she could on researching and studying the test material and went to take the test. She got 100%. She is seeing a lot of blessings. She is reading and praying a lot. She actually does her homework!!! It is great!

This is probably the last update I will send home. I just want to express my thanks to all the people that have supported me. My family, ward and friends. There have been countless moments when an email, letter or prayer have made the difference to me. Thank you SO much! I don't really know what I can say that could sum up these last 2 years. I could go on and on about how spiritual it was, how difficult it was, or about how I have grown. But all that I can say or express is gratitude. I wouldn't trade the blood, sweat, and tears that have been shed on the mission for anything. I am eternally grateful for the person that the Lord has molded me into. I know that it was only possible to get to where I am by going through the fiery furnace of affliction and heartache. I have been greatly blessed, I have been protected and guided. The Lord let me be able to have great experiences and He let me learn. I feel like the "inutil" servant that Kind Benjamin spoke of. I can't do anything to pay him back, and luckily he doesn't ask for payback. He just asks for a dedicated life. That, I can give. And that, I will give.

As this is the last week of my mission, I just want to end it so that I can look back and say that the Lord can be proud of my service to him. I know that I have given it my all. I know that I have done all that I could to serve the people of Monterrey and I know that the Lord has been with me to help me and guide me. I want to end my mission looking back on it and being able to say that what the Lord tells Nephi in Helaman 10:4 "Blessed art thou, 'Elder Morris', for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwariness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments."

I will be forever grateful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the opportunity that He has given me to serve him. He took a young man, with little experience, and He molded him into a servant "worthy of his hire". I know I have done nothing. "As to my strength, I know that I am nothing" But the Lord is strong. I have just been blessed to have been a witness of the power of the Lord. A tool in His hands. I am forever grateful.

I know that this church is true. I add my testimony and witness, that this gospel changes lives. And I add my testimony to the thousands of representative of Jesus Christ serving him, that He Lives. That he died for us and took up his life again. He lives, and because He lives, we can too. We have hope. I know He lives. Look for Him, and He is there. Knock and ye shall receive, ask and it shall be given unto you. I so testify in the name of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus the Christ, Amen.


-Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment