Monday, May 11, 2015

Mitch's letter home 5/11/15

Well, not much to update. I am getting transferred. That is something new. The mother's day call was great. I love making my mom laugh, I hate when she makes me cry. (Because of the spirit folks). We will see how this week goes, where in Monterrey will Elder Morris go? Who knows, but everything has its purpose. Wherever I end up and with whomever it is, it will be because the Lord wants me to be there. Last week I shared my testimony of the Book of Mormon with a sister from my home ward. I enjoyed sharing my testimony with someone besides an investigator and so I want to share it with you guys too.

You can't testify enough. They say that the convert that really matters is the missionary. I truly believe that. Our mission president challenged us to read and study the Book of Mormon, marking every reference of Christ, His words (said by Him or His prophets), His attributes, and His doctrine. As a missionary you hear all the time "The Mormon Bible". While doing this challenge, I was able to gain a personal and first-hand testimony from the Holy Ghost testifying to me of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. The BOM is exactly what it says, "Another Testament of Jesus Christ". Folks, Read this book!!! Love this book!! People that have a serious interest in finding out if the BOM is the word of the Lord don't have to wait until they get to Moroni 10:3-5. They don't have to read of the Savior's personal ministry here in the Americas. They don't have to search and look for truth and wait more time to be prepared. If they read it with "Real intent, a sincere heart, and in faith in Jesus Christ", the Holy Ghost will tell them. The Book of Mormon is the Keystone of our religion. If we make it the Keystone in our lives, only then will the FULLNESS of the Restored Gospel make a profound and lasting change upon our hearts, changing the very nature of the carnal man into a dedicated and converted disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. I love this book. I can't even begin to describe it. This book has to be true. There is no other option, there is no other way. I know it because I live it. And if others want to know it, they have to do the same.
Love ya!

Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment