Thursday, November 6, 2014

The more things change, the more they stay the same.


So, what has happened this week? A LOT!! Too bad I forgot to read in my journal to remember it all.... Eh, oh well, we will see what comes to mind.

We took a machete away from a less active because he told us he has had thought and has tried to take his own life. He was just drunk. We just had to reason with him. He wasn't using it, he just told us that he was having thoughts and had started looking for his machete and then I said "Well did you find it?" and he told us yes and then I asked if we could have it and he said yes and we took it and gave it to a member. We were going to have him come with us all of today but we couldn't find him this morning.

This week we had another baptism!! whooh!! Martha got baptized on Sunday!! That was way cool. All of her family was there and the spirit was way strong and it was great. She got confirmed yesterday and is just a big ball of smiles and sunshine. She is great.


This week I got a big testimony boost on the Spirit of Revelation. The Lord speaks to us in many different ways. He does it in the way that we will acknowledge and recognize. He speaks to us through prophets, the Spirit, others people around us, and the scriptures, just to name a few. This week I had something weighing really heavy on my mind. I was in a place that I don't like to go to and that I don't visit very often. I received some advice and took it and asked the Lord, for what seemed like the millionth time, what He wanted from me. Then I went to work looking, studying, and praying for the answer. It didn't take very long at all. I read a scripture that could not have fit me and my situation better. It was something that struck me and that engraved itself onto my soul. I know that sounds pretty dramatic, but that is how it felt. It was something that was just so precise that you couldn't take it any other way. And then you add it with the Spirit testifying that it is for you, there isn't any way possible to pass it as coincidence. I won't explain what scripture it was or the reasons behind it. Go look, He is there waiting for you. "Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." I hope you all have the chance to receive this type of answer in your lives. Specific questions receive specific answers. Of that I testify. I hope you all have a great week!
Elder Morris

One of my favorite Hermana, Martha

Elder Nay and me.

Happy Halloween, Creepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment