Friday, April 18, 2014

We can get by with a little help from our friends.

Well this week was great! The Castor family got baptized!! This is the family from my last area. Well only three but the other two just have 1 more time to attend church then they can be baptized. They were super ready!! We went to the Temple today! That is always super awesome!! There is such a spirit of peace and profound joy in the House of the Lord. 

Well this week we had a FHE with the whole ward, and of course they threw the assignment for the first one on the missionaries. We had an awesome lesson about Prophets and their role in our life and how they can really help us lead a better life. I learned that I need to trust my companion more. As a trainer you have to teach them everything from scratch. You think that they don't have any idea what to do so you take it upon yourself to do everything. As we were teaching he asked for volunteers. I thought we were going to start the activity that we had planned for after the lesson. So in my mind I started thinking of ways I could fix the situation and not embarrass my companion. While I was doing that, he explained what he was doing to the ward and what the object of the lesson was, not moving to the activity, it turned out to be an awesome example and a way for the ward to participate in the lesson. Something that I had not thought about. I felt stupid. He has the same calling as I do. He has the same authority that I do. He has the same responsibilities that I do. He has the same promise of the help of the spirit that I do. So why would I think that he couldn't handle it or come up with awesome ideas? It gave me something to think about and to ponder on. How many times do we mistakenly judge another’s actions? How many times, with the final result, do we find out that those actions were perfect for the situation, maybe even inspired? This isn't just in the gospel sense, but in whatever setting. We are always thinking that our way is the way that things should be done. Maybe we think that we have the route mapped out so we don't stop to ask for directions, when maybe there is a shortcut that someone else might know? That is something that I really like. Ask for help.

Sometimes in my life, I take things upon myself and forget that I have people around me who are just waiting to help, who have the shortcut that I could take to make my path easier. It is something that I need to work on, trusting in others to help with the problems that I "could" handle on my own, but it would be easier with a little help from my friends. We all need a little from our friends!  Our forever faithful friend who will never fail us is the Spirit. How many times do we stop with a problem and ask for help from the one who knows everything? Who will "give to all men liberally and upbraideth not"? I would like each of us to take a step back and look at what we are loading onto our backs and realize that there are others there to help us with our loads. Remember the Lord, that "[His] yoke is easy, and [His] burden is light” Love those around you and love the Lord and your life will be a whole lot easier!!! Dare to be a Mormon, dare to stand alone. I hope you all have a great week!!!


Élder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment