Tuesday, March 25, 2014

So much for the Comfort Zone!

And now it’s time for... Where In Monterrey is Elder Morris!!! Well folks, I got transferred to the area of Infonavit. It is a lot smaller than my old area and has about 1/3 of the membership. Oh, did I mention that we are also opening this area? Yeah, they pulled both of the old elders out and put me and my new companion in. And by new I mean fresh off the plane. Yeah, I am also training!! Yeah, it’s true. I am in a completely new area, with a completely new companion, with completely no idea what is going on!!! It is pretty great. Well, not really, but then you move on and then you start working and then it starts to be great.
Training is tough. Everything you do is being watched by a scrupulous eye and you have to plan everything, well you pretty much have to do everything. And then on top of that we are opening the area so I feel like pretty much I have a thousand things to juggle. It is going to be tough for a couple weeks, that's for sure.
But enough with that, let's get to the good stuff! This Saturday we had the amazing opportunity to receive inspired direction from Pres. Johnson, the area president, Elder Tad Callister, in the presidency of the 70, and to put the icing on the cake, Elder Quentin L. Cook of the 12 apostles!!!!!!!! So yeah, pretty much a powerhouse team right there. It was so awesome to listen to them speak and give very inspired messages. Something that was really clear was that there is no doubt that this work is being hastened like nothing else ever has. They stressed the importance of our call and the importance that every member has to share the gospel with those around them. They also shared really great talks about how to not be discouraged, which helped me a lot. Pres. Bird asked us all to fast the day before and have questions in mind to receive revelation from their talks. Well, the first two talks that were given were direct answers to my questions. There isn't anything like receiving personal revelation from a special witness of Jesus Christ. It was something that I can't even put into words. Really pretty dang great and something that I really needed.
So, what have I learned this week? Turn things over to the Lord. Sometimes he asks us to do things and we ask how can I  possibly to that. But what we should be asking is how the Lord is going to help me do that. I think it might be the most used scripture of all the Church, and a little cliché, but it is still really good and applicable here. 1 Nephi 3:7 "that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." And that is the truth right there. Also, that if we prepare ourselves sufficiently, we will receive revelation from our father. You might not have an apostle come to your area, but there is a little thing called General Conference coming up in a couple weeks. There will be 15 prophets, seers, and revelators giving us direction directly from our Father. That sounds like a pretty good way to revive revelation to me.
Well, I love you all! Thanks for reading wherever this is being put! Have a fantastic week!!! I'll be keepin' on keepin' on!
-Élder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment