Tuesday, March 18, 2014

ON THE MOVE!!!

This week was good! We have done a ton with the families in our area and we are expecting some baptisms real soon. Too bad I will be in a different area because I am getting transferred. What a pain, right? But whatever it is, it is the Lord's plan. So I have packed all my stuff and I am just waiting to move out tomorrow. I have really enjoyed my time here. I have learned so much. I can't really picture a different area because this one is the only one I have ever known in Mexico. It will be tough to leave the people of our ward too, but that is the life of a missionary. 

Well, the Familia Cr are pretty much prepared for baptism. The Elders after me just have to teach a couple more lessons and after that it is just a waiting game until they can get baptized. They couldn't have been more prepared by the hand of the Lord.

In other news, WE GET TO MEET AN APOSTLE THIS WEEK!!! Yeah, I am a little excited. This weekend we will get to hear from Elder Quinten L. Cook. So I am really excited for that!! We have a special session for our mission and the Reynosa mission on Saturday and also a session on Sunday, but I don't know if that is just for this stake or all the stakes in our mission. 

So my thoughts on leaving for my first transfer... Well, I am a little nervous and a little bummed. I was really learning a lot from my companion and I have become really close to the people in my area. We have been teaching the Familia Cr and I have become really close to them. My other feelings are of gratitude to my Father, sincere appreciation for hard work, and I am determined to work hard in my next area. I know that whatever happens is in the hands of the Lord and that I am just trying to be an instrument in his hands. I know that for whatever reason it is, I will be working like crazy to find it. I know that President Bird receives revelation for our mission and only does what the Lord directs him to do. So, next week I will be emailing from my new area!  I will let you know how it goes.... Well, maybe. :) Talk to you next week from somewhere in Monterrey!!!

-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment