Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Work is coming alive! Just in time for Transfers?


Well, another week bites the dust. Who knew they would fly by so freaking fast! It is hard to think about what to write because it seems like it was just yesterday that I sent an email. Hmmm, well the weather is good, not too hot or too cold. I am still breathing, that´s pretty good. Oh, and we have an investigator who actually wants, and is able to go to church!!!! He didn't come yesterday because he had to work but he asked his boss if he could start coming in later so he could attend church!! And he is reading in The Book of Mormon!! All I have to say is it is about time! We have had this type of thing before but nothing ever really happend. This time I really hope that something comes from this. The family just seems ready. The son came to mutual on Tuesday which really surprised us. She had enough confidence in us that she allowed us to take him to mutual! So that was pretty great!! And we got 2 new baptismal dates. One I am not sure about but the other was asking all the right questions and really seems interested. It is just too bad it is right before the next transfer.
In other news, I got asked to give a talk 10 minutes before sacrament meeting started. Ask me to prepare a talk for sacrament in English and I will need more time than that. But in Spanish? Well, I whipped out the trusty old scriptures and tried to remember scriptures that would be relevant. The only problem is that the scriptures are written in ancient Spanish so they use weird words and they have big words that I don't understand quite yet so who knows really what the heck I was saying. But it went really well, I think. I had people tell me I did a good job so that means that they at least understood some of what I said, right? Ah, who knows?

Well, that's all I have this week. Sorry it is short. Hopefully I have more exciting news next week.
Yo sé que este iglesia es verdadera. Sé que sin la Expiación de Jesucristo,  somos nada. Sé, también, que mediante Su expiación, podemos recibir perdón por todo de nuestros pecados. Nadie es perfecto, pero somos perfectibles y mediante la mano del Maestro podemos desarrollar para ser instrumentos in Su obra. Este obra no es la Obra Misional. Este es la Obra del Salvación, la Obra del Señor.   Sé que nuestro siempre Padre Celestial nos ayuda cuando oremos y pedir por ayuda. Nunca estamos solo. Espero que tengan una semana muy bonita y que siempre recuerdan que es nuestro Padre que nos dio todo. ¡Los amo mucho! Translation for us Gringos:

I know this church is true. I know that without the Atonement of Jesus Christ, you are nothing. I also know that through His Atonement, you can receive forgiveness for all of our sins. Nobody's perfect, but we are perfected by the Master's hand, and we can develop to be instruments in His work. This work is not the Missionary Work. This is the Work of Salvation, the Lord's Work. I know our Heavenly Father always helps us when we pray and ask for help. We are never alone. Hope you have one week very nice and always remember that it is our Father who gave us everything.I love you very much!
-Élder Morris
p.s. For you spanish speakers, if there are faults, I am still working on it, Okay!? Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment