Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Holy Frozen Tacos!!!

Holy frosted tacos Batman, the weather here is insane!! In 2 days it went from sweating and getting a little sunburnt to putting on all the clothes I have!! BRRR!

The weeks has brought a lot of rain. I think it rained for 7 days with only one day not raining, Sunday. (coincidence? No such thing) So, me and my companion initiated Operation No Splashdown. And for you Modern Family watchers not that kind of splashdown!! The streets here turn into rivers and lakes when it rains so there is always a ton of water in the roads. It just so happens that we spend a lot of time in the streets. So with all of the taxis and cars running around like nuts, we have to take extreme caution in not getting soaked from corbata a zapatos! Because once you get wet, it is freezing cold and you never dry out!


These last two weeks have been a mixture of ups and downs! Missionary work is not easy. We all know that. But sometimes when you feel you should be swimming in the Olympics, we are doing all we can just to keep our head above water. Sometimes when we feel we should be running marathons, we are doing everything we can just to stay standing. I won't bore you with details but there were times when I felt this way. It seemed like I was watching everything spiral down the drain. But then Thursday came. Thursday was the day that my zone was able to go to the temple. I am just going to tell you right now, there is absolutely no place on the face of this earth that can compare to the House of the Lord. If you can't go yet, prepare yourself to. If you can go and you aren't, all I can say in the vocabulary of a missionary is why the freak not? I can testify and I can promise that the temple is the closest place to heaven we can go without actually going there. The presence of the Lord literally resides in that building. It doesn't matter if you are endowed or not, GO TO THE TEMPLE! Anyway, you can probably tell that I had a good experience in the temple. All I am going to say is that things are looking a whole lot brighter because of the temple. 

Yesterday was fast
 Sunday, I want to stress the importance of fasting and prayer as well. In Helaman 3:35 it says that "Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God." Read that a couple times and let that sink in. All that just because of 1. faith 2. prayer 3. fasting. Now go and pray and ask if you can have the same change wrought in you. I know that answer will be yes. If you don't get an answer let me know and we will figure out what is wrong. I love you guys and I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father. Remember that even when we try to look at the big picture, we can't see what God sees because He is the one painting the picture!! Have a great week!! Stay strong!!
-.Élder Morris

We saw the piece on the Missionaries in NYC shoe shining and free hot Chocolate.
The only problem is the day we did it it was 78 degrees and not many people wear shoes to shine.               (it was cold the day before, promise) 
I guess it's the effort that counts, right?

My awesome tree from the Ward Family. LOVED IT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment