Sunday, September 29, 2013

The WHOLE MTC?

September 28, 2013

We received a surprise email from Elder Morris. He was able to email us one more time from the MTC as he was given an extra P-day this week to prepare to leave for Mexico. We were able to chat while he was doing his laundry.
He told us that he has been asked to say the opening prayer in the Devotional for the WHOLE MTC on Sunday (today). He is a little more than nervous. Better than being asked to talk, always a bright side!
He asked me to share these photos and this quote-

A quote I really liked when I was watching a Life of Jesus Christ Bible Video today.
"The Spirit of the Lord is with me because he has anointed me to teach the gospel to the poor, he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, to set at liberty them that are bruised."
This really struck me because that is me. The Lord has called me to go and lighten others burden, to bring light to those in darkness, and lift those that are downtrodden. I have realized that I am on the same mission that Christ was. For the people I am going out to teach, I represent our Savior. That is a huge responsibility but I know that I am not going at it alone. I will have the Lord going on before me on my right hand and on my left, ”And whoso received you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left hand, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you to bear you up.” D&C 84:88
I already have a deep love for this work and I am super excited to get to Mexico and start spreading this glad message.

Elder Morris leaves bright and early, 3:00am on Monday morning for Monterrey. I can't wait to hear his voice! I should be getting  a letter on Tuesday that he forgot to mail…

                           This is from his Missionary page, it shows that his MTC training is complete

                                                     These are the Elders in his Zone
                 This is a picture his companion, Elder Farnsworth took of him as he was studying

No comments:

Post a Comment