Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Great General Conference!

Wow, what a week. This week was SUPER awesome!!! Definitely one of the most spiritual weeks of my mission. What I am going to share is just a portion of what has happened. We had Leadership counsel this week. We all went in fasting and prepared ourselves to be fed spiritually. Oh boy, did that happen. It was AWESOME!!! We talked about the atonement. How and why the Savior did what He did for us. It is amazing because he has done so much for us and asked so little in return. It is a huge comfort to know that I have someone like that cheering me on. It was super powerful and we were reading scriptures and we were feeling the spirit and watched a video of Pres. Eyring and Elder Holland talking with a video presentation of scenes from the atonement from the church's bible videos. Boom, the spirit is palpable. And then we end by singing I know that my Redeemer lives. There was not a dry eye in the room folks, let me tell ya. Very few time have I felt the spirit that strong on my mission. It is something that I will never forget. Also when we got home we found 2 families just super chosen and super awesome!

Then with Conference, it just topped off the week. I loved the talks and the counsel from our living prophets on the earth. I know that those men and women with their messages were inspired just as I know that I am sitting here writing. Man, good stuff!!!

Some of the quotes from Conference that I loved:
"It is supposed to be hard" L. Whitney Clayton
"Actions are the evidence of our belief and the substance of our faith". L. Whitney Clayton
"I can teach you to dance, but not to hear the music." Wilford A. Anderson
"A saint is a sinner that keeps on trying." Dale G. Renlund
"All I want to do in life is to please my Fathers, both temporal AND eternal" Michael T. Wringwood
"I know what time it is at home" Quentin L. Cook
" I am here to become a better man because I love my Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ." Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"You can build on whatever strength you have"  Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"We cannot embrace the choices they make, but we can embrace them" Brent H. Nelson
"God loves us deeply, perfectly, and everlastingly" Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Living the Gospel is not a burden, but a joyful rehearsal for eternity" Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Family, I love you. Just know that I am forever indebted to you for all you have done. It is weird to think of, but I will be with you guys for the next General Conference! LOVE YOU!!!!!
Elder Morris


ACTION FIGURES FROM MY EASTER PACKAGE FROM HOME. LOVE EM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment